Skip to content

Bugs

Hello! Thank you for helping us make Horizon Worlds a high-quality experience. We'd love to hear how we can make Horizon Worlds better. Please provide the following when submitting an bug:

• Details on where this bug is occurring (World Name)
  • Steps we can use to reproduce
If you see the bug you've experienced already filed, make sure to vote for it!
Please only submit one bug per submission and provide as much detail and information as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing. Details will help the team speed up the review process. As the saying goes, the more the merrier!

Our team is hard at work making sure your time with Horizon Worlds is enjoyable.

Bugs

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

40 results found

1. I am stuck on the “Entering Horizon” loading screen and am not able to access Horizon at all. I just got the Oculus quest 2 to play horizon. please help!!!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Avatars are appearing out of sync with where the person is actually standing and looking. The person will be facing one direction in their headset, but the avatar will be facing backwards.

Also, I was about 5 feet away from where others were seeing my avatar...
    See this clip: https://youtu.be/5ucF8H_MWos

In the attached image, the guy in front of me was actually facing the stage and laughing, but his avatar was creepily staring backwards.

We have a ramp in our room to get to the stage, and others who had this issue said it might have to do with going…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So basically during events or normal session I think I know it happens during events basically people keep falling through the floor my friend says it's a rendering issue

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If you try to rotate (and maybe move?) a dynamic light directly, you get an error message, as though the base entity does not support the rotateto operation. If you put the light in a group and rotate the group, everything transforms correctly. But that's an unnecessary waste of an object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New personal home / apartment missing after recen update.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Almost a month now of not being able to play certain games, or register my score on any leaderboards. This is the common Invincibility/Ghost account that many people are experiencing. I feel that it's an account data issue, every-time I log into my account I'm presented with the "New Home" experience, with the key and all the tutorial windows. I then can't play any game or become registered on any leaderboard. I've deleted the app from my headset, re-installed, cleared leaderboard data, changed my outfit, tried just about everything to get my account back to normal.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's unclear if this is a Horizon Worlds bug or a Meta Quest bug, but "Do you want to play a game?" notifications are automatically being sent from our accounts to our friends and without our knowledge.

This is an annoyance at best and an invasion of privacy at worst. Is there anything that can be done about it? Would Meta Quest stop impersonating us to send messages to others on our behalf?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Objects that are set up with physics and gravity can be easily pushed out of the scene with one's giant body while in build mode. I have several objects in a new build that are set up with ice and super ice as the material, and notice while I'm moving around the scene these objects get scattered around if I simply hover over the area.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If you have objects with scripts that listen to other objects, they will only work until the first call to the Reset World State codeblock. Afterwards, those objects/scirpts will no longer receive events from the listened-to object.

Note, this is a Visit 2.0 only bug. Does not happen in Edit 1.0

See this example world: https://oculus.com/vr/6358149504200222/

On your very first entry to the world, note that the text says 'Waiting'. Grab the 'Grab Me' block. Note that the text changes to 'Grabbed'. Now grab the 'Reset World' block to run the reset world state codeblock. After world reset, the text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. People are having an issue getting into our scheduled events. Tonight people were clicking to join and it kept kicking them out. Some were spawned into an empty instance of the world.

The same thing was happening at a different event I was attending the night before, in a different world.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian, Thanks for reporting this and I'm sorry to hear this is happening during your events. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, could you please reply back with the name of the event, the name of the world, and your username? 

Thank you so much. 

11. If you have an open property panel for an object that has a script attached, and then you go to the script gizmo and add more variables, the property panel does not update to show the new variables until you close and re-open it. Sometimes, if you change a script variable on the open panel, it will then refresh the panel to show the new variables. But if you have pulled these panels out of deeply grouped objects for convenience, it is a pain that they don't update and that you need to close them and then dig down into…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I enter a trigger, spawned objects appear (Playing card).

After I reset the world, they no longer spawn for anyone in the instance.

If I leave the world and come back, I can see all of the spawned playing cards but the other visitors cannot. You can test this in 2023 Horizon World Tours

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When triggers are transferred to owner and the physical hands or interaction with static objects is on, the event that calls when the player has entered the trigger will not fire. In the video attached, you can see that the triggers stop working all together when either setting is on.

Everything works with the two hand settings if the scripts are in default mode and ownership is not passed. However, I want to take advantage of the benefit of local scripts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for including such detailed information, including the video and screenshots! This is helping our team to more quickly investigate the issue. Thanks again! 

14. For the past few weeks other avatars and myself have appeared out of sync from each other. There is nothing that appears to happen to cause this and usually happens after multiple players join a world. I have observed it in both edit mode and in published worlds. There are a few things happening, someone will appear turned the other way from someone else. But but for their perspective it appears right. This filters it’s way down to build mode or how a player views items vs another player. In this video attached, you can see how Someone else views…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Insights panel subtracted thousands of visits from the total visit count for all (each) of my worlds. Worlds with over 10,000 visits dropped by 3K or 4K overnight. Worlds with less than 5,000 visits dropped to as low as 500 visits. Time spent creating a world dropped from over 100 hrs to 4 hr 30 minutes. Now there is no way for me to know how many visits any of my worlds have had. (My portal doors and creator page stopped working over 4 months ago... no feedback or communication that these are even being addressed for resolution).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you have a bunch of sound recording gizmos in your world with custom recorded sounds, sometimes in build mode, they stop playing. If you go to a published version of the world, they still play, but upon return to build mode, they still do not.

However, if you go to a new world in build mode, pull out a sound recording gizmo, record some random sound, and play it back, it will work there. If you then return to your original world in build mode, the sound recording gizmos will once again play there recorded sounds.

....for a while.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you have a grabbable object, and you make it ungrabbable near a player's hands (i.e. set simulation = false), and then make it grabbable again (i.e. set simulation = true), the player's hands do not 'learn' of the re-grabbability until they move away out of grab range of the object and then back into range again.

This can end up with situations where objects are only grabbable by one hand (i.e. if that hand was out of range when made ungrabbable, but brought back into range once made grabbable), or grabbable by no hands of one player but grabbable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have some sound effect gizmos, some of which have looping sounds, and some which do not (tho it is near impossible to tell which is which in the sound search UI... a different issue). They all have a max range of 0.40 meters. The non looping sounds will not be audible to players if they are 'start'-ed more than 0.40 meters from the player, even if they later move closer to the player. The looping sounds will always be heard, even if they start more than 0.40 meters away.

It appears that there is some 'optimization' to not play…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the command "forward direction of Player" the FOOT and TORSO options return the value of the HEAD they are not pointed at the right object.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A few times several months ago all objects have been going to 0, 0, 0 vector. I built a world (spending 9 hours) took a break and when I came back to see everything imploded to the 0,0,0 vector.

This has not happened since then until recently (05/19/22)

Created a world with MoveTo script of grouped objects and all the objects including the script gizmo moved to 0,0,0, vector.

Want to make devs aware of this to ensure visibility (also to see if there is a reason why this is happening) -- would love to know the "why" of this?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?